Bible verses about tithes and offerings
Do you wish to know more about tithing and offering? I think this post is definitely for you, I have written more than 10 verses that talk about tithes and offerings. Read and meditate on them.
Read this: Get God’s wisdom
As a Christian, it was commanded or instructed that we give our tithes and offerings according to the bible.
BIBLE VERSES ABOUT TITHE AND OFFERINGS
- Leviticus 27:30 says One-tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain from the fields or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord and must be set apart to him as holy.”
- Proverbs 3:9 says Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. (NLT)
- Matthew 23:23 says “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.” (NLT)
- Psalm 24:1(NLT) says The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it. The world and its entire people belong to him.
Read this: How to tithe on debt
- 1 Chronicles 29:14(NLT) says But who am I, and who are my people that we could give anything to you? Everything we have has come from you, and we give you only what you first gave us!
- Haggai: 1:4-6(NLT) says “Why are you living in luxurious houses while my house lies in ruins? This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies say: Look at what’s happening to you! You have planted much but harvest little. You eat but are not satisfied. You drink but are still thirsty. You put on clothes but cannot keep warm. Your wages disappear as though you were putting them in pockets filled with holes!”
- 2 Corinthians 8:12(NLT) says Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly. And give according to what you have, not what you don’t have.
- Mark 12:43-44(NLT) says Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions. For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she had to live on.”
- Matthew 6:19-21(NLT) says “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.”
Read this: How to tithe correctly
- 1 Timothy 6:6-11(NIV) says Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
- Deuteronomy 28:2(NLT) says You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God:
- Malachi 3:10(NASB) says Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.”
To mention the few though, now you have known much about tithes and offerings because these bible verses about tithes and offerings will really help you understand tithing